Friday, May 09, 2008


Finally, today is our department's Community Day which is organised by me, Wanlin and Celine. I must say that through this event, I realise that the three of us can work very very well together. No quarrels, no disagreements...but fun and laughter, especially yesterday when we spent the entire afternoon packing the little gifts for the less privileged children. :)


I was also very happy to see our volunteers putting their heart into this event. The children were not easy to handle, some are hyper active, some don't open up...and our volunteers were very patient....They really did a good job.

The only part that made me slightly disappointed was that some people asked us why we did not join in to help the children, and asked if for the entire session we were outside the zoo. We could not join in because as organisers, it does not make practical sense to be assigned to the kids when we had to leave the zoo at different times of the day to do the logistics....we had to be focused in making sure the people stick to the timing, food comes on time, and bring the food to the show place. But I don't really blame them cos most often than not, people don't see what is behind the scene. As long as there are people who appreciate us, I guess everything is worth it.

At the end of this, I realise, it doesn't matter if a child doesn't get A's in school....all that matters is that they are healthy and normal....

Last but not least, I thank my twin for making this event an enjoyable one. :) I thank Celine too for doing so much in putting this event together. I am a happy girl today... Now, some pix.

Me cynthia and doreen

Me and Wanlin with our exchanged shades

The girls....i luv this pic

The 2nd one from the left is my boss...nice chap. He really impressed me.

I tell you, I've been eyeing this COW. But i just can't get up on its back laaaa...

AND!!! I am not allowed to post this...but twin looks so CUTE RITE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home