Monday, November 17, 2008

This is perhaps the happiest entry so far, after so long....with all the tension that built up before.
Retrenchment / Brother doing away / Strained relationship (which got better now too! :P)

Annie Dancesport departed early in the morning for Muar on 15th Nov...for the 1st Dancesport Championship held on the next day. Heard from Ranie that this is the first time so many of us went as a team. The students who went were:
- me & Song Wei
- Ranie & Eugene
- Joey & Naomi
- Zhibin & Chen Yin
- Zhijie & Min Shan
- Dongxun & Her Huey
- Benjamin & Ying Xia
- Rachel & Jason
- errr...ballroom auntie/uncle?

Indeed all of us became much closer after the trip, and we laughed so much our stomachs were bloated. And of cos...little gossips here and there made it better. And not forgetting the LAMEness. *winks* Oh, and how can I forget cooking mama? Me and Ranie were 'cooking' all day long, shredding carrots and potatoes, dicing garlic, draining water (hates!), cracking eggs, flipping pans. Even the night before the comp, Ranie stayed up and 'cooked', and kept me awake. She kept updating me with her scores, and describing aloud the process mans...urgh. I bet her wrist was painful. Crazy girl!
Wells, dance...dance. Results aside, I am really glad..that our dancing looked different, and better compared the previous comp. The dancing was what we were more concerned about, not the results (though it matters!). Well, I guess, most of us worked really hard for Annie. Her enthusiasm and commitment really touched me, but of course, the stress level can be unbearable. She is very direct with her comments too. After the pre-am semi finals, she scolded us in front of the group, pointing fingers, and saying that she didn't like the way we dance, that we always don't 'finish doing'. And during the break, she told me to make sure I do the pendulum swings to the fullest extent, and grabbed my hips and moved them real vigorously. And during the finals, everytime I see her standing right in front of me, our instructions came into my mind, and I forced every bit of my energy to do the right things. Though not perfect, I have tried my best. Thanks alot.

My results were good, though I must say it wasn't against the toughest competitors. But what really encouraged me, was that fact that I managed to beat some couples whom I never did beaten before. In Amateur Rising Star, we beat Allan's son with us at the 3rd position and them at 6th. Also, Derek from Ipoh whom I got to know years back....they got 4th. Again, these rankings are not going to stay the same everytime. Never be complacent, as we still have much room for improvement. For pre-am, we got 2nd, losing to Johnston Lim...John Lim's son. But well, the guy really danced v v well. Song Wei agreed too...we have to be honest to ourselves, and learn from mistakes.
We were glad with the results that day...was good for everyone. We cheered for one another really loudly, and rocked the whole ballroom. ^_^ Below are some photos... Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers!

The ballroom couple. 1st in Master's Beginners. We're so happy for them.

All of us with our medals.

With Annie.

2nd in Pre-am


3rd in Amateur Rising Star

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home