Monday, September 01, 2008

I'm back, without good news.
We didn't get into the finals, only went through to semis.
Initially we wonder why, why some of the couples with not-so-correct techniques got it.
But, with some analysis, the answer is quite obvious.
Whether the technique is correct or not, it's not so obvious...especially when twelve couples are dancing on the floor all at the same time.
But, if the movement is small, and body rhythum isn't as strong, it's hard to notice and put u through the next round. Yes, basics and techniques are important, so I'm gona continue to improve on that, to internalise what has been taught. But more importantly, we need to do more, more body, more power, more on the performace factor. That's the next level...
All these need patience, and lots of determination. There is still a long way to go, so...learn from every mistake. There is still much to learn, and work on. Dance is a never ending journey. And that's the beauty of it all... :)

Wells, the next comp is less than 2 mths away. And to my partner: All I need is the focus, and you should know me very well by now. If the rest of the people are distracting me and causing me to lose focus, please help to put me back on track, cos we're working as a team. I don't wish to see all these hard work go down to drain, for undesirable reasons. If there is one thing u nid to know, that is, I have quite a bit of pride, and once that is challenged, I will put all of these things behind and move on. So far, you have been helpful, and understanding...and I appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home