Monday, October 16, 2006

My first day in "SCHOOL" :)

From the title of this bloggie, Ting Ting is in a good mood! I am enjoying this while I can....Been quite ok in my new department. Had orientation at PWC Building with YY early in the morning, we were late despite meeting for breakfast at 750am. Hey, 750am.......I never made it this early during my KP days. *btw, I am now playing with my new IBM labtop, which looks ugly, squarish, and NOT stylish* We were so relieved when we saw on the welcome letter "one-day orientation"....and after 1 hour plus of presentation about the background and struture of the Bank, the presenter went "u can now walk back to your respective towers and report to the respective units." Me and YY stared at each other.....................blank. She is lucky to have someone as new as her, gg into the same place. I am alone......Luckily *phew* the pple were very friendly, far friendlier than what I have expected. I am impressed by how systematic these pple were, or shld I say how free these ppl were. Each of my team member was responsible for briefing me certain things, like how to do timesheet (basically the admin matters), and what the KPIs are, how the appraisals are structured. There is one part in the "program" stating "430pm onwards - some time for her to settle down". How nice...... :) "Team lunch" was part of the written agenda too.
Btw my rank is sooo low that I do not even have a name card. Hey......I was a SENIOR last time ler, haahahha. :'( Have so much to learn over there, and so much to read. Like Basal II documents, which is like HELL thick. urgh. Still, I think I better make use of these few free days to familiarise myself with the resources available on the intranet and read all I can manz!! Reading all these will be keeping me busy busy for tomorrow as well.
Wish me good luck. I'm not gg to be the blur Ting again who noes nothing. Hurrrr, at the minimum, initiative please! bye bye......I am gg to slp. Meeting YY again for breakfast again tml, hope we can sustain this morning meet-up. Nights frens, night dear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home