Monday, March 09, 2009

In about a month's time, it will be my and jQ's 3rd anniversary together. For the past 2 years, our relationship has been smooth sailing...everyday is like honeymoon, sweet...carefree. It was about having fun, holidaying, him fetching me everywhere, go for good food, shopping...

Only in the recent year, we started to face some challenges...and I started to take him for granted. I forgot how much his love meant to me, and how I used to treasure this relationship. It was a few days ago, that I start to realise how immature I am, compared to him. It was also then, that I further confirmed that he is the one.

It is difficult to admit that I do not fully understand love. I am selfish, and have given love a price tag. I have unconsciously started to measure love by how many expensive gifts, how many surprises he can give me. All I care about is how glamorous the relationship appear to others, and the quality of the relationship itself anymore. Why? He said this to me. "This is just one of the many setbacks in the 20, 40 years to come. I can take it. But can you? Can we only share the good times and not the bad times?" I have been very childish. It is true that I wasn't ready....and it's really time for me to grow up.

I will learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home