Monday, March 12, 2007


I had my first try for the Lain Pre-amateur category with my partner, Shenhong yesterday, at the 7th SGDF Singapore Open Dancesport Championship. I realise that it's going to be 2 years since I first partnered Shenhong in May 2005. Our first competition was the same comp held 2 years back, and we got 2nd for the Beginners' category. I am happy with the progress, and satisfied with the partnership. It's not abt how good both of us dance....it's about how we took care of each other and respect each other. And somehow, I feel that we think alike in dance. It's the security Shenhong gave me during competitions tat matters. Thanks! However, one disappointment we had yesterday was that we did not even get into finals for the Novice category. We only had to do two dances, as compared to Pre-am, where we had to do 3, which Jive was not really polished at all. I held high hopes for Novice, because, I do think we are much better than those in the Novice Finals. And some Novice Finalists even lost to us during the Pre-am round. I couldn't believe this.... So, overall, shld I be happy or not? I am glad to do Finals in Pre-am and I only lost to the Thais...but I am really devastated with the fact that I lost to some really really weak Indo in Novice. :(
Small setback...a little encouragement....I know I can do better with each competition and learn and improve with each mistake. We going one step further in June. We'll be learning from another teacher, to be decided again. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home