Saturday, June 23, 2007


Sometimes, I feel like giving up. Why is dance taking up so much of my time? Why is it that while others meet for dinner, supper, or KTV, I am spending my time dancing, and I can't do all the things that others are doing? Why do I not have time for myself, just to rest and be all alone? Why do I get frustrated over not being able to do a certain dance step and break down and cry?
Some friends ask me to give up dance...which I shook my head immediately. Cos I looked back and thought of why I started dancing both Latin and Ballroom. I realise that last time, I don't have a passion. I didn't want my life to be boring, and colourless. As I started dancing, and as I go along, I forgot why I took up dancing, and life becomes packed with activities. I started to be tired and wanna rest....and do sth meaningful. When I think about it, I realise, I have already found that meaningful something...which when I became exhausted, I find it no longer meaningful. When I imagine life without dance, I decided to continue. I know that even if it meant being v v tired, it's worth it. I think of why I must be tortured in dance, why I can't drink water during practice, why I must persevere when my legs are cramped and are falling apart, I realise, not everyone is blessed to have that "talent" and the chance to step into a competition floor. That "torture" is what sets me apart from the social dancers...this is where I find meaning in the many torture sessions and the things I have given up.
One day, my dance life may come to an end. When I marry, when I have children....when my partner leaves. But, the passion will not die...if I live my life to dance, it doesn't matter if there is no more competitions, but there will still be dance, but in other forms...And before all that happens, I do everything to make this time of my life a memorable one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home