Friday, July 13, 2007

Personally felt very provoked by things that aren't true about my personality. And perhaps why I chose to leave a friendship which I have maintained and treasured for so long (everyone knows how much I treasured this friendship except for the friend herself. My mom, yanling, yanrong, connie... all know I have sleepless nights troubling over this friend) is that I realise, I am actually viewed by my friend as a totally different person from who I am. She doesnt not know me afterall, and has distorted everything about me in the way she chose to view me.

This is Wenting:
I have always been be loyal to my friends, as long as the person is in my circle of trust. It is a known fact that I am not petty, and friends normally joke with me, and suan me in the MOST irritating manner, and they know that at the end of the day, I do not take their comments to heart. I, being the most sensitive creature on earth, cherish friends, and will cry and have sleepless nights when I lose one. I remember crying over an sms sent by Yanrong when she tells me that some words I used on her have hurt her. I remember that incident was on one of the Chinese New Year's eve. I know myself so well, that other than using the word "emotional" on myself, nth can better describe me. I am a human-oriented person, rather than task oriented. Nothing matter more than how my relationship is with the people around me. Insensitive? Absolutely not me. I select my friends very carefully, and I categorise them differently. Either you are IN, or you are OUT. When you are in, I tolerate everything, be it unreasonable or irritating, cos I know I have accepted you as a friend. I personally have very high threshold for people whom I classify as friends, and very low for people who are non-friends or even worse, enemies. Seldom do friends have the ability to reach that threshold of mine. I have many friends / acquintances for a reason, not by pure luck. I am not rich, nor do I kiss asses. I do not have any material things to give people to earn friendship. I have nothing, but myself, my sincerity, and my openess. I earn trust by giving. I looked back, and for my past 25 years of my life, I have not lost a single friend and none has left me and told me that I make a lousy friend. I thought through a thousand times, and spent nights wondering whether it's my problem, or hers, when I encounter such a difficult time in this friendship. I have been functioning the way I did for the past donkey years. My life has changed, schedules have changed, and priorities too. But values I had stayed unchanged. Friendships with others went shaky when things happened / changed in our lives, but friendships were as strong as ever, though meet ups become less, smses are reduced, sometimes, I don't meet up with my friends for months. This happens now and then with almost every single one of us in the clique, but we see it as part and parcel of life and the friendship. Same things happen...but the outcome is different.

I am not cold-blooded. I have teared, and cried, but I have decided to move on, understanding that trying to hold on to something which has died a long time ago is useless. I know that I have to stop myself from asking why, because, one thing happen after another, and feelings are complexed, and have snowballed till a point where there is already no right or wrong, and there is no solution other than putting a stop to it. When I am no longer your concern, this is when you can free yourself from this misery. When u have done that, it is where friendship can be rebuilt, if it ever happens. But one thing I am sure of is, where there is a crack, there is no point building more storeys to a building, cos it will collapse. Only when you completely demolish that cracked layer can a new building be built. I am upset that things have to be solved this way, but things have turned ugly, in our own hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home