Monday, July 28, 2008

26th July 08 (Saturday)
Weekend weekend!

Finally there was some fun. Actually..ALOT of fun!
To start the day off…I slept till 10. haah.

Namdaemun
Walked down to Namdaemun, which is a market place where you can find all kinds of local food, fruits, clothings etc. People here are mostly older aka aunties and uncles. Wells, it sounds boring isn’t it? But I got my PILLOWS here! These must be the best buys for the trip. I ever dreamt of sucha pillow and I couldn’t find it in SG for some reason, and jQ and I even went to spotlight in search of pillows of that size…and cloth to custom make into my “dream pillow”. Yet…I found it in Seoul! =D got a smaller version for Siew Lim’s little grace. Here at Namdaemun, we also spotted a wholesale accessories market, selling all kinds of necklaces, earrings, keychains and lots more! Bought a number of earrings and most importantly, I found those chunky Swarovski bangles for DANCE! Not cheap, but I finally FOUND THEM…here in Seoul too. Happyz.

Dongdaemun
Took the metro to Dondaemun. This is where most youngsters gather. There are a few shopping complexes in this area, and a long stretch of night market. That few hours were definitely not enough, and I did not get any clothes! Our new found friend, Mi Ryu, called to tell us that the area will be closed for the night. Not too sure why though. Huimin and I told ourselves we must come again tml. MUST.

Myeung Dong
Met Mi Ryu at our hotel at 7pm and off we went to Myeung Dong, a shopping area near out hotel, which we didn’t manage to find throughout the entire week. Haha. Went to Skin Food, Face Shop etc. Can I say that the shops here just luv to give away freebies? Bought 2 packs of face masks, and they gave me sooo many free masks, facial wash, sunblock and even a mirror.
The counterfeits are of the best quality, and of course they are not cheap too. A fake LV wallet costs S$90!
Here we also tried the local street food. Wow, the food was simply delicious!!

Café
The four of us took a cab to a high class district…almost like Orchard in SG. Here we can see cars other than Hyundai and Kia. :P Mi Ryu brought us to a café opened by a modeling agency. All the waiters are models…but…they look very thin, and mal-nutrition. Mi Ryu told us that male models today no longer look muscular…cos they need to fit into the skinny jeans. Had the nicest “ice kacang” here…the ice-cream was really rich and creamy. Yummy.

Hyatt Hotel – Club
Cabbed to Hyatt Hotel to take a look at the night life there. The 3 of us were not prepared for this place at all…I was in SHORTS and Huimin was in glasses…Yuchen looked like some uncle going to the market. Oh goodness, admist all the ladies in thick make-up and fanciful clothes, we look like some maids. Urgh. But still it was an experience!

Ended the day feeling satisfied. And I did mask in the hotel room. I have many free masks, remember?

I miss u, fluff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home